Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Giving the Holy Spirit freedom

Over the past 2 weeks i have come to realize that we do not give the Spirit freedom to move in our lives.We may think we do but when we rush and do not rest in him we miss what he has for us.God wants for us to want him in our lives (we know he wants to be in ours)and will not push his way in.

Earlier tonight as i was coming home from church i got to thinking about all the freedoms we have because God gives us the choice to make our own decisions. But do we give him the freedom to speak to us about the decisions he wants us to make. I don't think we do.

as a challenge to us for the next 2 days every time we come to a choice stop and think is this the choice that lines up with what my Lord has for me? Does this choice coincide with the word? I think we may be surprised to realize that a lot of our decisions are selfish and self-serving. keep in touch and let me know what you learn from God in the next 2 days about freedom and choice.

Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God's slaves. 1 Peter 2:16

2 comments:

Sarah said...

HI!!! I am so excited to see you have a blog. I love it. I love getting on and even being able to study things and share them. I'm so excited! Love ya, sis!

Sarah said...

I just found a post that goes RIGHT WITH THIS. It is by one of my favorite bloggers. I just posted a link on my blog. I will be praying for you...