Saturday, October 11, 2008

sorry its been so long for a post. i have had amigraine for 3 days..... so yucky!!!

a few weeks ago we had to put in a new electric dog fence. needless to say it was no fun. the ground was hard as a rock because of no rain and so dusty. besides the dust killing my allergies it hurt to crawl around for so long. as i was crawling around i was complaining about how spoiled my dogs are and the things i go through to keep them safe.

i began to wonder what the world would be like if we cared about people as much as we do our dogs. (all this time mind you i am telling my husband this and he thinks i have lost my mind.)i mean most of the time our pets eat better than we do and we go to huge lengths to keep them safe. i know God gave us creaturesto enjoy but what does he think about us loving them more than people

i beagn to wonder even more about the changes i coule make and how i could impact the world if i cared about people even half as much as i care about my dogs. don't get me wrong i am not selfish and i donate my money and time for many different things but what do i do to further the kingdom? do i do as much as i am called to do or do i fail miserably at the call my Lord has given me?

in a couple of weeks at our church we will be having a free clothing day and food drive for our county food bank. it is my desire to not only serve myself but to pass along to the kids i love , adore and teach the call that God has put on their lives. i am hoping by starting them young that they will grasp the importance of serving instead of being served.

Then Jesus cam to them and said, "All authority has been given to me .Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and teaching themto obeyeverything i have commanded you.And surely i am with you to the end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yeah! Maybe if we are able to make giving and caring for others second-nature to our kids, they wouldn't have as tough a time with it as we do!